You know that moment, that smacked-upside-your-head, DUH! kind of moment?
This weekend I had a few epiphanies.
Thank You, Lord.
I have always known I am a horrible daughter, sister, friend and overall family member. I don’t write. I never call. I don’t take the time to say, “I Love You,” UNLESS they have called, emailed, or texted me first.
I know, shame on me. Believe me, I know!
This weekend I was Blessed enough to go on a Youth Ministry Retreat. I was one of the oldest people there 😕
Once my ego was thrown out the window, I was able to really begin to open my eyes, ears, heart, and soul to what He was trying to tell me. Err, HAS been trying to tell me.
- I will “Do” God’s Work…but I don’t spend time just Being WITH Him. It was made very clear that doing for is no where near the same as being with…
- I do not spend enough time with my Family. Not real quality time.
- I spend way too much time stressing over things that I have absolutely no control over and those that I do have control over, well, they don’t really matter, not in the grander scheme of things.
Look at the birds in the sky. They do not sow or reap or gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they are?
~ Matthew 6:26
- Those people that I believe I am trying to be there for, well, in all Factuality, it is they who are Teaching me Oh So Very Much!
In my defense here, I have always known and realized, when teaching kids, that they teach me just as much, if not more than I could ever teach them…however, under too many circumstances, I allowed my id practical direct power over my ego and was convinced that I was the one doing the helping and thus, was not listening or paying attention to how much I was truly receiving! IDIOT!
- The best thing that I was reminded of…How awesome it is to Serve!! To Sacrifice…To Love…
Sometimes we do need a friendly reminder from God – after all, we are human and tend to forget in living the rat race. And as Jesus said, blessed be the children. They have so much that they can teach us.
Even though we, or me, at times forget to step off of my soap box and listen 😉
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!!